Looking for Resume Assistance NOW?
Check out our information on resume writing, and/or check out our Effective Resume, Cover Letter and LinkedIn Profiles guide.
Receive tailored constructive feedback on your resume instantly through the USC VMock website, under Smart Resume. Log in with your USC ten-digit ID and upload your resume.
Want Interviewing Support NOW?
The USC Career Center is proud to provide all students and alumni with Big Interview – an interactive platform designed to provide 24/7 access to interview practice opportunities, customized feedback, etc.
Interested in a career assessment NOW?
The Your Next Step platform provides various career assessments and helps clarify career goals. This resource offers you access to career opportunities, prepares you for interviews, and assists you in executing a strategic job search.
Drop-in advising is designed to help you connect with a career advisor to ask basic career questions, explore career resources, or get a quick critique of your resume or cover letter.
Drop-in is available virtually on the Brazen platform or in-person in the Career Center.
- All virtual drop-ins will be conducted privately on-line through our Brazen platform.
- All in-person drop-ins will be conducted in the Career Center Lobby in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
Many school-based career centers provide school-specific advising as well.
- Each drop-in session is 10-15 minutes.
- Monday to Friday drop-on hours are from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-ins are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An active connectSC account is required to check-in for all drop-ins. Log in to connectSC and complete your student profile to activate your account.
- For a virtual-based drop-in session, register on the Brazen platform and upload your resume, cover letter, or questions you would like to discuss. The advisor will be able to pull up your document during the session.
- For an in-person drop-in session, visit the USC Career Center in the Student Union, Suite 110 on the University Park Campus.
USC Career Center Career and Internship Advisors provide 30-minute appointments via phone, Zoom or in-person.
Many school-based career centers have career advisors to schedule appointments with as well.
During scheduled 30-minute appointments, USC Career Center advisors typically advise on the following topics:
- Career Development
- Internship and Job Search
- Mock Interviews
- Note: If you want the Career Advisors to tailor interview questions for you, please email the advisor you are scheduled with and provide your resume and a copy of a job description at least two business days in advance after your appointment request is confirmed.
- Please note: Resume critiques are only conducted during drop-in advising (12 pm-3 pm Monday through Friday, no appointment needed)
To schedule a 30-minute appointment:
- Log in to connectSC and click the “Advising Appointment” tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Request an Advising Appointment” and search for available appointments that meet your needs.
- You will have the opportunity to select either a virtual or in-person appointment. In the appointment request notes, indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat.
- Video appointment: the advisor will email you a Zoom link to your USC email address once the appointment is approved. Learn how to create your Zoom account.
- Phone appointment: please include your phone number in your appointment request.
- In-person appointments: Will be held in USC Career Center lobby (Student Union, Suite 110, University Park Campus) and will be conducted in accordance with social distancing requirements.
Make a Request
We are here to help you in any way we can. Please select from the following:
I want to request a Career Center speaker for my event.
I want to request an interview room (Interview room requests are not being accepted at this time).
I want to request permission to film at the Career Center (Filming requests are not being accepted at this time).