Virtual Drop-in Advising
Have your resume/cover letter reviewed or get quick questions answered by chatting with a Career Advisor on the Brazen platform. Virtual drop-in hours are 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday and are 10-15 minutes long. Drop-ins are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Many school-based career centers provide school-specific advising as well.
- 10-15 minute session
- Monday to Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- An active connectSC account is required to check-in for drop-ins. Log in to connectSC and complete your student profile to activate your account.
- Register on the Brazen platform and upload your resume, cover letter, or questions you would like to discuss.
Receive tailored constructive feedback on your resume through the USC VMock website, under Smart Resume. Log in with your USC ten-digit ID and upload your resume.
Scheduled Virtual Appointments
USC Career Center Career and Internship Advisors provide 30-minute appointments via phone or Zoom.
Many school-based career centers have career advisors to schedule appointments with as well.
During scheduled 30-minute appointments, USC Career Center advisors typically advise on the following topics:
- Career Development
- Internship and Job Search
- Mock Interviews
- Note: If you want the Career Advisors to tailor interview questions for you, please email the advisor you are scheduled with and provide your resume and a copy of a job description at least two business days in advance after your appointment request is confirmed.
- Please note: Resume critiques are conducted during drop-in advising (12 pm-3 pm Monday through Friday, no appointment needed)
To schedule a 30-minute appointment:
- Log in to connectSC and click the “Advising Appointment” tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click “Request an Advising Appointment” and search for available appointments that meet your needs.
- In the notes, indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat. If you would like a phone appointment, please include your phone number. For video chats, the advisor will email you a Zoom link to your USC email address once the appointment is approved. Learn how to create your Zoom account.
Our policy is one appointment (drop-in or 30-minute) per day, so please plan accordingly.