Find information on making appointments and requests below.
Looking for Resume Assistance NOW?
Utilize our information on resume writing and/or our Effective Resumes, CVs, Cover Letters and LinkedIn Profiles guide. Receive tailored constructive feedback on your resume instantly through the USC VMock website under Smart Resume. Log in with your USC ten-digit ID and upload your resume.
Want Interviewing Support NOW?
The USC Career Center is proud to provide all students and alumni with Big Interview – an interactive platform that provides 24/7 access to interview practice opportunities, customized feedback, etc.
Interested in a career assessment NOW?
The Your Next Step platform provides various career assessments and helps clarify career goals. This resource offers you access to career opportunities, prepares you for interviews, and assists you in executing a strategic job search.
Interested in specialized resources?
Many school-based career centers have curated resources and services specifically for the students in their majors. Please consider making an appointment with a career advisor from your school-based career center.
Drop-in advising is designed to help students connect with a career advisor to ask basic career questions, explore career resources, or get a quick critique of your resume or cover letter.
Fall Drop-in Advising (Aug 21-Dec 1)
- Drop-in advising will be available in-person in the Student Union (STU) 110, Monday-Friday, from 1:00-3:30 pm, on the University Park Campus.
Many school-based career centers provide school-specific advising as well.
- Each drop-in session is 10-15 minutes.
- Drop-ins are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An active connectSC account is required to check-in for all drop-ins. Log in to connectSC and complete your student profile to activate your account.
- Students are limited to one advising contact per day (appointment or drop-in advising).
USC Career Center Career and Internship Advisors provide 30-minute appointments via phone, Zoom or in-person.
Many school-based career centers have career advisors to schedule appointments with as well.
During scheduled 30-minute appointments, USC Career Center advisors typically advise on the following topics:
- Career Development
- Internship and Job Search
- Mock Interviews
- Note: If you want the Career Advisors to tailor interview questions for you, please email the advisor you are scheduled with and provide your resume and a copy of a job description at least two business days in advance after your appointment request is confirmed.
- Please note: Resume critiques are only conducted during drop-in advising (1:00 pm – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday, no appointment needed)
To schedule a 30-minute appointment:
- Log in to connectSC and click the “Counseling” tab on the top right corner of the page.
- Click “Request New Appointment” and search for available appointments that meet your needs.
- You will have the opportunity to select either a virtual or in-person appointment. If you opt for a virtual session please be specific in the appointment request notes and be sure to indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat (zoom).
- Video appointment: the advisor will email you a Zoom link to your USC email address once the appointment is approved. Learn how to create your Zoom account.
- Phone appointment: please include your phone number in your appointment request.
- In-person appointments: Will be held in USC Career Center lobby (Student Union, Suite 110, University Park Campus).
Our policy is one appointment (drop-in or 30-minute) per day, so please plan accordingly.
Students Responsibility in Scheduling Career Appointments
Once your scheduled career advising appointment is approved, please ensure you attend your meeting or cancel within 48 hours or two business days prior to your appointment.
If you need to cancel your career advising appointment, please email careers.usc.edu or call 213 740-9111 and leave a message. If you fail to cancel within 48 hours, your career advising privileges may be revoked.
Scheduled a mock interview?
If you want us to tailor mock interview questions, please email your career advisor at least two full business days before your appointment with:
- A detailed job description of interest
- A recent copy of your resume
Please review the interviewing information provided on the Career Center website.
If you do not send us a job description, the advisor will ask you general interview questions.
We highly encourage you to practice interviewing BEFORE your mock interview using the Big Interview Platform under the connectSC “Resources -> Online Resources” tab. This 24/7 resource allows you to select interview questions, record and review your answers.