Interested in taking a Gap Year?
A gap year is taking a year off between graduating from undergraduate studies and starting graduate school or pursuing a job. If considering a gap year, we encourage you to take this time to increase your professional and personal awareness. Reasons students may take a gap year include:
- Still deciding and exploring options
- Using this time to travel
- Taking a break and recharging
- Preparing for graduate school
- Focusing on personal development
USC Career Center has curated a sampling of programs and resources related to taking a gap year. Some may be paused due to COVID-19. Make an appointment to discuss additional resources on how to plan your gap year experience.