Interested in taking a Gap Year?
A gap year is a year off between graduating from your undergraduate studies and starting graduate school or pursuing a job. If you are considering a gap year, we encourage you to take this time to increase your professional and personal awareness. Reasons students may take a gap year include:
- Accepting a job to earn money before graduate school
- Still deciding and exploring options
- Using this time to travel
- Taking a break and recharging
- Preparing for graduate school
- Focusing on personal development
USC Career Center has curated a sampling of programs and resources for taking a gap year. Some may be paused due to COVID-19. Make an appointment to discuss additional resources to plan your gap year experience.