Evaluating and Negotiating an Offer
Once an employer has given you an offer, you may have additional questions about deciding to accept or decline a difficult one. Begin with an assessment of yourself, your needs, and your desires. Ask yourself a few questions:
- What are my career goals? Does this job offer meet my aspirations?
- What are my priorities and obligations? Will this job offer allow me to fulfill these needs?
- Does this organization meet my standards, morals, and values?
- Will this position offer me enough challenges to grow, learn, and develop new skills?
- Do the salary, benefits, and working environment meet my expectations?
Begin by researching the position and learning everything you can about it. Evaluate the company’s current position in the industry and learn all about the organization. There are many things to consider when doing this research, explore the resources below to learn more.