Participate in the Trojans to Trojans initiative (T2T), designed to help new grads and current students connect with USC alumni who are eager to provide them with career advice.
And sign up for The Trojan Network, our free online professional networking and mentorship platform.
|As an alum, the Trojan Network allows you to:
||As a student, the Trojan Network allows you to:
What do these virtual, short-term projects look like?
- Goal: A project should include a professional resume-building experience along with your directed mentorship; the platform suggests 12 different projects such as analyzing data, designing logos/websites, and SEO analysis or you can submit a custom project.
- Duration: Projects should be 2 – 8 weeks in length during the Fall 2020 semester and approximately 10 – 20 hours per week.
- Mentorship: Alumni will serve as supervisors and mentors, offering guidance and advice throughout the project.
- If this is an unpaid project, the alum must acknowledge that the project meets the requirements of an unpaid internship, as outlined on the Department of Labor Fact Sheet. Unpaid projects should be for the educational benefit of the student.
- If this is a paid project, the alum is responsible for any necessary agreements between the alum and the student.
- Please check with your HR/Legal departments for further clarification to these guidelines including prevailing minimum wages, independent contractor vs employee status, etc .
- Payment: Compensation will be determined in advance. If a project is a paid, the alum is responsible for arranging payment with the student. The alum is responsible for any necessary tax documents.
- Relevant Resources (We recognize that internships and these projects are different experiences however the content can be helpful in a virtual work environment):