Participate in the Trojans to Trojans (T2T) Initiative, designed to help new grads and current students connect with USC alumni who are eager to provide you with career advice.
Sign up for The Trojan Network, our complimentary online professional networking, and mentorship platform.
|As an alum, the Trojan Network allows you to:
||As a student, the Trojan Network allows you to:
* What do these short-term projects look like?
- Goal: A project should include a professional, resume-building experience along with your directed mentorship; the platform suggests 12 different projects such as analyzing data, designing logos/websites, and SEO analysis, or you can submit a custom project.
- Duration: Projects last between 2 – 8 weeks in length during the semester and approximately 10 – 20 hours per week.
- Mentorship: Alumni will serve as supervisors and mentors, offering guidance and advice throughout the project.
- If this is an unpaid project, the alum must acknowledge that the project meets the requirements of an unpaid internship, as outlined on the Department of Labor Fact Sheet. Unpaid projects should be for the educational benefit of the student.
- If this is a paid project, the alum is responsible for any necessary agreements between the alum and the student.
- Please check with your HR/Legal departments to clarify these guidelines, including prevailing minimum wages, independent contractor versus employee status, etc.
- Payment: Compensation will be determined in advance. If a project is paid, the alum is responsible for arranging payment with the student. The alum is responsible for any necessary tax documents.
- Relevant Resources (We recognize that internships and projects are different experiences; however, the content can be helpful in a virtual work environment):