The University of Southern California is renowned for its commitment to academic excellence and fostering a well-rounded educational experience. Central to this vision is the USC Career Center, a dynamic resource hub that empowers students to navigate their professional journey and achieve their career aspirations. The advisors at the USC Career Center are fueled by their passion for helping students through the Career Development Process. The mission of the Career Center is to support the diverse aspirations, identities, and experiences of Trojans as they seek professional opportunities.
The Career Center offers an extensive range of services tailored to meet the various needs of students from all disciplines. Whether students are exploring career paths, searching for internships, or preparing for job interviews, the Career Center provides personalized guidance and resources to support them every step of the way. Services include:
- Professional career advisors offer one-on-one counseling sessions to help students identify their interests, strengths, and career goals. They provide personalized guidance on resume building, cover letter writing, and interview preparation. Appointments can be made by logging into connectSC and clicking on the “Counseling” tab in the top right hand corner of the page. Click “Request a New Appointment” and search for availability.
- The Career Center maintains strong relationships with a vast network of employers, offering students exclusive access to a wide range of internships and job opportunities. connectSC is a powerful online platform provided by the Career Center that serves as a comprehensive hub for USC students and alumni to explore career opportunities, connect with employers, and access a wide range of resources. View a list of employers that recruited USC students last year.
- Through connectSC, users can search for internships, part-time jobs (including on-campus jobs), and full-time positions across various industries and geographic locations. The platform provides access to an extensive database of job postings from a diverse network of employers actively seeking USC talent. connectSC hosts virtual career fairs, networking events, and workshops, providing invaluable opportunities for students to engage with recruiters and industry experts. View various networking events, workshops, and job opportunities on connectSC.
- The Career Center conducts workshops on various professional skills, such as networking, personal branding, and effective job search strategies. These sessions equip students with the tools necessary to succeed in the competitive job market.
- The On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) Program provides students with the opportunity to interview in-person or virtually with organizations from a wide-spectrum of industries during the fall and spring semesters for full-time salaried or paid internship positions.
- USC’s extensive alumni network plays an instrumental role in supporting students’ career development. The Career Center connects students with alumni mentors who provide valuable insights, advice, and networking opportunities. connectSC offers networking functionalities that facilitate connections with USC alumni and industry professionals. Additionally, students can take advantage of the Trojan Network, an exclusive network of USC students, alumni, and employers, enabling them to expand their professional contacts and seek mentorship opportunities. The Trojan Network serves as a powerful platform for Trojans to expand their professional contacts, seek advice, and explore career opportunities.
The Career Center organizes a variety of key events throughout the year to provide students with valuable opportunities for networking, skill development, and exploring career paths.
- Career Fairs: The Career Center organizes career fairs, which are large-scale events bringing together employers from various industries to connect with USC students and alumni. These fairs provide an excellent platform for networking, exploring job and internship opportunities, and learning about different organizations. The On-Campus Student Job Fair will be hosted August 18, 2023, followed by the Fall Career Fair on September 14, 2023. The Graduate Schools Fair, designed to help students determine if graduate school is the right choice for them, will be held on October 25, 2023.
- Industry Insights: Industry Insights is a multi-day event of educational panels where you can learn about jobs in a plethora of industries and how to enter these fields. Panels include Consulting, AI and Data Science, Entertainment, and Community Engagement. Industry Insights will be held virtually between August 30 and October 4, 2023.
- Diversity Meet and Greet: The USC Career Center is committed to supporting talented students from all backgrounds and cultures. At the Diversity Meet & Greet, we bring together employers who have strong diversity initiatives (like Employee Resource Groups, diversity training, lunch & learn discussions, to name a few) with underrepresented students (first-generation, low-income, students of color, LGBTQ+, and other marginalized social identities). In this space, we allow you to learn more about what their student experiences are at USC, their talents and abilities, and what they value at an organization like yours.
- Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night: Join us at this event to meet employers from a diverse range of industries that are actively recruiting USC military members, veteran students, veteran alumni, military family members, and ROTC students. This event will be held on September 6, 2023 at the Michelson Center.
- Trojan Talks: Regardless of your class level, degree, or major, Trojan Talks (information sessions) are a great way to explore an organization or an industry. You do not need to know all about an organization to attend a Trojan Talk. In fact, employers are there to introduce themselves and get you excited about their organization. Trojan Talks provide insight on topics such as open positions and organization culture, in addition to helping you prepare for their interview process. Go to connectSC and click on “Events.” Once you are directed to the page, click on “Type,” and select “Trojan Talks” to review the list of upcoming sessions. All students interested in attending must RSVP.
- Career Carnival: Calling all students! We’re excited to invite you to a dynamic and engaging event that will offer incredible insight into the career resources available at USC. Prepare for a day of interactive fun featuring activities like corn hole, spin the wheel, and the chance to win exciting prizes! There will be In-N-Out Burger, funnel cake, snow cone, and carnival games in Alumni Park on October 3, 2023!
To find out more information about upcoming events visit https://careers.usc.edu/events/.
We invite all USC students, employers, and alumni to utilize our comprehensive suite of career services, tailored exclusively for your benefit. We are located at Student Union 110. Our array of resources, including resume review, career advising, online networking, and specialized job search tools, empower you to establish valuable connections, stay informed about industry trends, and identify potential employers. Visit our website to conveniently search for jobs, conduct organization research, participate in webinars, and connect with fellow Trojans through the Trojan Network. Additionally, come into the Career Center to meet advisors who are available to provide personalized assistance.