The Career Center, in collaboration with HG Plus and other USC partners, hosts this fair to connect international students with overseas opportunities, as well as domestic, visa-sponsoring organizations in search of your valuable foreign language skills and unique global perspectives.
Employers participate in this fair to recruit for full-time, part-time, and paid internship opportunities using our virtual career fair platform. To ensure you get the most out of the day, review the following tips.
International Students Two-Day Virtual Career Fair
Why Go Virtual?
- The fair comes to you! You can access the Brazen platform from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- You will have the chance to interact with recruiters through one-on-one video, audio, or text-based chats. Note: there is no virtual background option for the video chats, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Broaden your job search with unlimited geographic reach. Employers from around the world are looking to connect with you.
How it Works
Watch this video to learn more about the Brazen platform:
Employer Resume Book
- We are putting together a candidate resume book for participating organizations.
- All USC Virtual Career Fair attendees who submit resumes through the Brazen platform will be included in the resume book.
Prepare for the Career Fair
- Register for March 30 and March 31 separately on Brazen and upload your resume. You can continue to edit your resume until the day of the event. If you would like, you can even upload a profile photo. By uploading your resume to the platform, you agree to have it shared with participating employers at the end of the event.
- View a list of participating employers and the positions for which they are recruiting by exploring employer booths on the event homepage.
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with organization representatives, helping you to stand out.
- For optimal performance, including minimizing any errors while chatting with employers, use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam.
- Set yourself up for audio and video chat success and test your set up in advance.
- Get more details on how to prepare on our blog, The Career Center Chronicles.
- “A Tactical Guide to Virtual Career Fairs for Students”
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression for the video chats. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.