The Veterans Career Fair occurs once a year in November during Veterans Appreciation Week. This fair is a partnership between the USC Office of the Provost, Career Center, Sol Price School of Public Policy, Sol Price Office of Career Services, Center for Innovative Research on Veterans and Military Families (CIR), Student Veterans Association, Veterans Resource Center, Viterbi Career Connections Office, Marshall Undergraduate Student Services, the Career Services Office at the Gould School of Law, and the Annenberg Career Development Office. Employers participate in the Career Fair to recruit for full–time, part-time, and internship opportunities. To ensure you get the most out of the day, please read the following.
Veterans Career Fair
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Time: 12:00 – 15:00
Location: Outdoors on Tyler Prize Pavilion (rain or shine!)
Veterans, RSVP at http://veteranscareer.eventbrite.com.
- Allstate Insurance
- The Boeing Company
- City of Long Beach – Police Department
- Department of the Treasury
- E&J Gallo Winery
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Farmer John
- Farmers Insurance
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- JM Eagle
- Los Angeles County Probation Department
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- New York Life
- Northrup Grumman Corporation
- Northwestern Mutual
- Southern Wine & Spirits
- Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at USC
- Teach for America
- Team Rubicon
- The Villiage Family Services
- University of Southern California – Office of the Provost
- Up2Us Sports
- Warner Bros.
What to Wear
- Business suit in a conservative color (navy, gray, or black are preferred)
- Clothes should be clean and pressed
- Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression
- Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color suit, dress shoes and neutral hosiery.
- Keep make-up as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave the nose ring and tongue jewelry at home.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished shoes.
- Hair should be neat, clean and trimmed.
- Keep nails manicured.
What to Bring
- Copies of your resume
- Your elevator pitch
- Your Action Plan (see below)
Create an Action Plan
- Visit http://veteranscareer.eventbrite.com to RSVP.
- Employer tables will be organized alphabetically along Tyler Prize Pavilion.
- Make a list of organizations that you’re interested in and research them. Visit their web sites, learn the latest news on them, prepare questions about them, and take note of what positions they are looking to fill. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with company representatives and you’ll stand out from the pack.