The Career Center hosts several Career Fairs each year. Employers participate in the Recent Alumni and Students Career Fair to recruit for full-time, part-time, and paid internship opportunities. To ensure you get the most out of the day, read the following tips. The Recent Alumni and Students Career Fair is hosted by the USC Career Center and other campus partners.
Recent Graduates and Students Career Fair
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
View more details on professional attire:
What to Bring
- Copies of your resume
- Your elevator pitch
- Your Action Plan (see below)
Get tips on perfecting your elevator pitch with this video:
To support university-wide sustainability measures, we will no longer offer water bottles or trash bins at the event. Instead, we will have water stations where you can fill up your reusable containers. Remember to bring your own refillable bottle with you. In place of trash bins, there will also be a “Zero-Waste Sort Station” where you can recycle or compost all materials that we provide. We discourage you from bringing any items to the fair that will end up in a landfill. In cases where this is unavoidable, we ask that you take those items with you when leaving the event.
We would like to remind guests of current public health practices that ensure a comfortable environment for all:
- Please do not attend the event if you have a fever, cough or respiratory symptoms.
- Handwashing is a best practice (20 seconds with soap and water).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- We encourage all attendees to consider using a non-contact greeting instead of shaking hands. (Ex: “Fight on!” sign, prayer hands, simple wave, etc.)
The health of everyone in attendance is our top priority. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to having you join us at this event.
Download the App
Symplicity Jobs and Careers allows you to take your job search on-the-go with smart features to easily connect with employers before, during, and after career fairs. The old app, Careers by Symplicity, is not longer being supported.
Create an Action Plan
- Log in to connectSC, click on the events tab, then click on Recent Alumni and Students Career Fair, and RSVP to see a list of participating employers.
- The employer tables will be organized alphabetically along Trousdale Parkway, with “A”s starting at Exposition Boulevard (near Bridge Hall) and ending with “Z”s at West 34th Street (near the JEP House). Sponsors of the Recent Alumni & Students Career Fair will be located near the middle, under red umbrellas near Tommy Trojan.
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with company representatives and you will stand out.
- Read more on how to get the most out of the career fair.
View more on how to work a career fair:
- Career Center staff will be actively monitoring employer lines at the Recent Alumni & Students Career Fair to ensure that all students and alumni enter the line at the END of the line. Students and alumni jumping ahead of others in line will be asked to go to the back of the line and wait their turn in a first-come, first-served manner.
- Take a break from the fair to get a free professional headshot taken for use on your social media profile.
- Booth will be open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Last photo will be taken at 2:00 pm.
- Line starts at the tent in front of Tommy Trojan to get your photo taken.