Join us for an evening of networking with the Career Center Employer Partners. This virtual event will give you exclusive access to recruiters from a variety of organizations that are recruiting for full-time positions and paid summer internship roles.
Employer Partners Virtual Networking Event
- Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm PT
- Location: Brazen virtual platform. Brazen can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection. To learn more about the Brazen platform and how an online networking event can work for you, click here for a demo video. For optimal performance, including minimizing any errors while chatting with employers, use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam.
- Follow: #HireUSC
Register on Brazen with your @usc.edu email address to view all participating employers.
The networking event is open to USC students from all class years and majors.
Why Go Virtual?
- The fair comes to you! You can access the Brazen platform from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- You will have the chance to interact with recruiters through one-on-one video, audio, or text-based chats. Note: there is no virtual background option for the video chats, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Broaden your job search with unlimited geographic reach. Employers from around the world are looking to connect with you.
How It Works
Watch this video to learn more about the Brazen platform:
Prepare for the Networking Event
- Register for an account through Brazen and upload your resume. You can continue to edit your resume until the day of the event. If you would like, you can even upload a profile photo.
- View a list of participating employers and the positions for which they are recruiting by exploring employer booths on the event homepage.
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with organization representatives, helping you to stand out.
- For optimal performance, including minimizing any errors while chatting with employers, use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam.
- Get more details on how to prepare on our blog, The Career Center Chronicles.
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
Watch these videos to understand why networking is important:
- How to Participate in a Brazen Virtual Event
- Video: How Chat Events Work
- 10 Tips to Impress at a Virtual Event