The Career Center hosts two Career Fairs each year – one in the fall and another in the spring. Employers participate in the Career Fair to recruit for full-time, part-time, and paid internship opportunities. To ensure you get the most out of the day, please read the following tips.
Fall 2018 Career Fair
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
What to Bring
- Copies of your resume
- Your elevator pitch
- Your Action Plan (see below)
Download the App
Careers by Symplicity allows you to take your job search on-the-go with smart features to easily connect with employers before, during, and after career fairs.
Create an Action Plan
- Log in to connectSC, click on the events tab, then click on Fall 2018 Career Fair, and RSVP to see a list of employers who will be attending.
- Employer tables will be organized alphabetically along Trousdale Parkway, with “A”s starting at West 34th Street (near the JEP House) and ending with “Z”s at Exposition Boulevard (near Bridge Hall). Sponsors of the Career Fair will be located near the middle, under red umbrellas near Tommy Trojan.
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with company representatives and you will stand out.
- Career Center staff will be actively monitoring employer lines at the Career Fair to ensure that all students and alumni enter the line at the END of the line. Students and alumni jumping ahead of others in line will be asked to go to the back of the line and wait their turn in a first-come, first-served manner.
- Take a break from the fair to get a free professional headshot taken for use on your social media profile.
- Booth will be open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Last photo will be taken at 2:00 pm.
- Line starts at the tent in front of Tommy Trojan to get your photo taken.
- If you have questions about the photo you took at the fair, please contact University Photo at (866) 381-3031.
Preparing for the Career Fair
- Attend our Preparing for the Career Fair Workshops
- How to Work a Career Fair video
- Getting the Most Out of the Career Fair