Postdocs have access to connectSC resources including CareerBeam, Goinglobal, Versatile Ph.D., Career Access Resource Library (CARL), Candid Career, Biocareers and more. In addition to being able to attend alumni career events, postdocs also receive four, 50-minute career counseling appointments for the academic year. connectSC access is available for one academic year. Postdoctoral scholars can renew connectSC access for the subsequent academic year by verifying their postdoc status (see Step 1).
To gain access to connectSC:
- Email Dan Carino, Associate Director of Academic Affairs, to request connectSC access and verify your postdoc status.
- Once your postdoc status is verified, you will receive information on how to register for connectSC from the USC Career Center.
- Complete your connectSC registration as instructed.
- You will then receive an email confirmation and temporary password to finalize your connectSC registration.
To schedule an appointment:
- To schedule an appointment, postdoctoral scholars must have connectSC access (see above).
- Once you have access to connectSC, call the USC Career Center Front desk at (213) 740-9111 to schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
Your Postdoc Job Search
Through your academic program, you are obtaining skills that are valuable in academic and other professional settings, including verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management. In conjunction with your degree program, review these resources in preparation for your academic or professional job search.