Postdocs have access to connectSC resources including CareerBeam, Goinglobal, Versatile Ph.D., Career Access Resource Library (CARL), Candid Career, Biocareers and more. In addition to being able to attend alumni career events, postdocs also receive four, 50-minute career counseling appointments for the academic year. connectSC access is available to you for one academic year with the option to renew your account for the subsequent academic year by verifying your postdoc status (see Step 1 below).
To gain access to connectSC:
- Email Dan Carino, Senior Manager of Postdoctoral Affairs, Office of the Provost.
- Once your postdoc status is verified, you will receive registration information from the USC Career Center to begin your registration process.
- An email confirmation will be emailed to you with the temporary password to finalize your connectSC account.
To schedule an appointment:
- Call the USC Career Center front desk at (213) 740-9111 to schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
- If you have not created your connectSC account, please follow “To gain access to connectSC” steps above.
Your Postdoc Job Search
Through your academic program, you are obtaining skills that are valuable in academic and other professional settings, including verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management. In conjunction with your degree program, review these resources in preparation for your academic or professional job search.