Postdocs have access to connectSC resources including Goinglobal, Versatile Ph.D., Career Access Resource Library (CARL), Candid Career, Biocareers, and more. In addition to being able to attend alumni career events, postdocs also receive four, 50-minute career advising appointments for the academic year. connectSC access is available to you for one academic year with the option to renew your account for the subsequent academic year by verifying your postdoc status (see Step 1 below).
- Email Dan Carino, Senior Manager of Postdoctoral Affairs, Office of the Provost.
- Once your postdoc status is verified, you will receive registration information from the USC Career Center to begin your registration process.
- An email confirmation will be emailed to you with the temporary password to finalize your connectSC account.
- Log in to connectSC and click the “Advising Appointment” tab on the left-hand side of the page. If you have not created your connectSC account, please follow “To gain access to connectSC” steps above.
- Click “Request an Advising Appointment” and search for available appointments that meet your needs.
- If you have selected a virtual appointment, indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat in the “Notes” section of your request. If you would like a phone appointment, please include your phone number. For video chats, the advisor will email you a Zoom link to your USC email address once the appointment is approved. Learn how to create your Zoom account.
Your Postdoc Job Search
Through your academic program, you are obtaining skills that are valuable in academic and other professional settings, including verbal and written communication skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, and project management. In conjunction with your degree program, review these resources in preparation for your academic or professional job search.
USC Center for Excellence In Research
A faculty-initiated center that promotes the advancement of research university-wide. Offers peer-to-peer proposal review services and research advancement workshops on topics such as grant-writing and fellowship applications.