The USC Dream Dollars Scholarship is a unique award for USC undergraduate students who secure unpaid summer internships with a non-profit or government organization. This program supports students interested in gaining work experience from an unpaid internship. Students will be selected through an application and interview process. All internships must be a minimum of six weeks. The program awards a $1,500 scholarship to selected students.
The USC Dream Dollars Scholarship aims to assist students in financing career exploration in the non-profit and government fields. Students will have the opportunity to gain a career development experience through the program.
- Maintain good academic standing
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at USC
- Former USC Dream Dollar recipients are not eligible
- If you receive additional USC summer awards from research grants, foundations, or scholarships, you will not be eligible to participate
- Graduation date must be between December 2019 and May 2022
- Must have secured an unpaid internship prior to applying for USC Dream Dollars
Applications must be submitted by 12:00 pm on April 5, 2019. Candidates will be notified via email by April 12, 2019 if they are selected for an interview with the USC Dream Dollars Selection Committee.
Please follow our two-step application process:
- Complete an Online Application
- Submit Supplemental Documents within connectSC, Job ID #171995
- Current Resume
- STARS Report (Available on OASIS)
- Personal Essay: a one-page, single spaced (one-inch margins) narrative explaining your current academic program, why you are interested in the USC Dream Dollars Scholarship, and how you think this internship experience will enhance your undergraduate experience and have an impact on your future. Essay must be typed in no smaller than 10-point font.
- Copy of your internship job description from your organization or supervisor.
Students will be selected based on their application, faculty recommendation, interview, and internship. There is no minimum GPA requirement. Students are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
Thanks to this opportunity which Dream Dollars provided me, I am leaving this summer with a professional credit on my resume of which most graduating theater students would be envious. I am heading into the last two years of college having worked three full months in the career I hope to pursue. After this internship, my understanding of what my career path might be and what it requires to be a working theatre professional has expanded in ways that will challenge how I continue to learn and apply [what I learned] in the classroom. Beyond walking away with all this experience and New York connections, I have also been granted confidence knowing I can work as a professional in the non-profit sector. I have the tools required to make a successful career, and I can make an impact in my theatrical community—and perhaps the world.
-Jack; Major: Business Administration and Theatre; Class of 2019
I am beyond thankful for the USC Dream Dollars Scholarship and the Career Center for affording me the opportunity to spend a summer in DC and experience the inner workings of Congress with a European security agency. This has solidified the fact that I want to work on Arctic policy in the future, and I can’t wait to put the skills I’ve learned this summer in use back at USC and in the job market going forward.
-Alanna; Major: International Relations; Class of 2019
Call us at (213) 740-9105 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance finding an internship.