Informational Interview Questions
An informational interview is an informal online or in-person meeting you initiate with a professional in the career, industry, or organization you are considering. Informational interviews expand your network of contacts for future opportunities in your industries of interest.
Questions to ask during an informational interview:
- What specific trends are affecting the industry/profession
- What do you enjoy about working for your organization?
- What are the most significant challenges and opportunities facing the industry/profession?
- What is the culture like at your organization?
- How diverse and inclusive is your organization?
- Which associations do you belong to or recommend?
- Which industry publications do you suggest I read?
- Who else should I contact?
Resources to connect with professionals to conduct an information interview include LinkedIn, Candid Career, and USC’s Trojan Network.