General Career Event Preparation Guidelines
- Log into connectSC, click on “Events.” Once you are directed to the page, click on “Type,” then “Career Events” to review the list of upcoming fairs. Click on the desired event to RSVP and see a list of participating employers.
- Make a list of organizations in which you are interested and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with employers and you will stand out.
- Familiarize yourself with the event venue.
- View our videos on what to do before, during, and after a career fair.
- Learn what employers are looking for in candidates during a career fair.
- Practice your 30-second elevator pitch for recruiters.
WHAT TO WEAR
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. View this video for more information. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
WHAT TO BRING
- Copies of your resume.
- Your elevator pitch.