Career Planning and Resources Certificate Program
The Career Planning and Resources Certificate Program is our professional development workshop series designed to build a stronger awareness of Career Center resources that have been curated to support USC students and alumni.
Student Affairs professionals, academic advisors, career advisors, faculty and other members of the Trojan Family are invited to participate in a series of professional development workshops highlighting the most current technologies, resources, and information related to career development.
- How To Register: Details on how to sign up for future workshop offerings will be shared on this website.
- Attend All 4 Sessions: Participants who complete all four workshops within an academic year are eligible to receive a USC Career Center-issued Career Planning & Resources Certificate and a one year membership to NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers to award this level of expertise.
In May 2022, program topics included Career Exploration/connectSC, Internships & Diversity Programs, Engaging & Serving Alumni, and On Campus Recruiting & Signature Events
- Participants will be provided with a very brief overview of the career assessment tools that Career Center advisors recommend to students, including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory (SII), and various online resources accessible through connectSC, such as Your Next Step and Connecting Major to Careers.
- Participants will receive a quick overview of connectSC and view industry-specific subscriptions, including Interstride, ArtSearch, GoinGlobal, CareerShift, Uniworld, FirstHand (formerly Vault), and more.
Internships and Diversity Programs
- Participants will learn about the various internship programs and resources offered through the USC Career Center, including a mentorship program for first-generation college students and scholarship opportunities for unpaid summer internships.
- The presenter will also share information regarding programs offered in collaboration with USC cultural centers and student organizations to promote diversity and inclusion.
Engaging and Serving Alumni
- Participants will learn about the portfolio of resources available for alumni through the USC Career Center and connectSC.
- Participants will gain an understanding of the Trojan Network and LinkedIn alumni tool as well as how we recommend current students network with alumni.
- Participants will learn how to access customized USC alumni career videos through Candid Career video collections.
On-Campus Recruiting and Signature Events
- Participants will learn about the many different ways that students can explore, network, and engage with employers on the USC campus through on-campus recruiting and signature events.
- Participants will be able to distinguish between these events, know when they occur, and learn how to refer students. Information on school-based career events may also be covered.
Interested In Learning More?
Questions about the Career Planning and Resources Certificate Program can be directed to Wes Fieldcamp.