Career Fair Recruiting Tips
- Send a sufficient number of representatives to staff your table; the prospect of waiting in a long line discourages most students, despite their level of interest in your organization.
- Be well-informed about the specific opportunities for which you are recruiting or be able to refer students to another contact.
- Engage with all students, including those in their first year who attend career fairs much earlier in their academic journey, not only to learn about potential internship and co-op opportunities, but to begin building their network of employers and, for many, to gain insight into course recommendations.
- Provide information about key dates for upcoming events at USC (e.g., presentations and interviews); this reinforces your commitment to recruiting USC’s talent through an ongoing presence).
- Have a transparent process for applying for positions, such as additional information about the opportunities described at the career fair and the ability to apply must be easy to locate on your website.