Are you exploring going into Christ-centered ministry or missions? Maybe you’re studying cross-cultural ministry, non-profit leadership, social work, youth ministry, or something similar.
For many college students pursuing ministry or missions, sometimes there feels like a tension between wanting to use the summer to serve and needing to make money. So, with YouthWorks Summer Staff positions, we hope to help you accomplish both.
For nearly 30 years, YouthWorks has helped emerging Christian leaders like you gain mission experience and develop their skills by hiring them to facilitate Christ-centered mission trips for teenagers. It’s not easy but the work is meaningful. God uses it to make a lasting impact in communities across the US and change the lives of teenagers. Because of the impact they make, our Summer Staff alumni tend to return summer after summer. After these unforgettable experiences, they enter the mission field, ministry, or marketplace better equipped and with life-long friendships.
Each YouthWorks mission site has 3 staff members. Every staff member performs the following tasks:
- Facilitate respectful mission trip experiences for teenagers and their Adult Leaders
- Coordinate and provide leadership for daily service activities
- Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community
- Promote an environment where youth connect their service to Jesus.
- Interact with students throughout the week
- Lead daily large group programming with your team
- Ensure that practical needs of your site are met by preparing meals, caring for housing facilities and other behind-the-scenes tasks
Staff are hired into specific roles that focus on planning and facilitating service for groups
Community Service Coordinator: Manage partnerships with social service organizations. Confirm and implement weekly service schedules provided by YouthWorks. Coordinate logistics, including assigning volunteers to service sites and executing back-up plans when needed. Travel to service sites to serve alongside youth, Adult Leaders and community contacts. Help teenagers see the impact of their service as they are taken out of their comfort zones and see Jesus in new ways.
Utility Support Coordinator: Utility Support Coordinators are equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams. While serving in a variety of areas, they will coordinate daily service activities and see students impacted as they experience Christ through service. Staff must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing roles and locations. Utility Support Coordinators may begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, they may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position.
Work Projects Coordinator: Build meaningful relationships in a community while meeting tangible needs. Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects. YouthWorks will provide training in partnering with community members, setting up and completing projects and managing crews throughout the day. Invite participants to come alongside the community to make a lasting impact.
**We have a small number of sites where we do more advanced projects such as flooring and drywall. Please note on your application if you have experience in more elaborate home repair projects.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, and one-year post-high school or equivalent
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ & ability to facilitate a ministry focused environment.
- Be willing to relocate during the term of employment to a community in which YouthWorks mission trips are taking place.
- Staff must be able to conduct various physical and strenuous tasks safely. Tasks include, but are not limited to, lifting and carrying up to 60 pounds, directing participants in meal preparation, and safely operating YouthWorks vehicles.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Leadership and/or volunteer experience preferred
- Model servant leadership
See our website for more detailed information about qualifications.
- Starting at $3,000 + up to $500 Signing Bonus + YouthWorks covers the cost of food, housing, and work related on transportation
- Internship Credit available (for most universities)
- $150 Bonus for qualified guitar, piano, or ukulele players who help facilitate worship on site*
Dates of Employment:
- The dates for summer employment are NOW-August 2nd, 2023 (Limited half summer terms may also be available).
- Staff must relocate to assigned community for the duration of the summer. YouthWorks will provides housing, food, and transportation costs while on site.
To Apply, please visit YouthWorks.Com/Summer-Staff