The USC Dream Dollars Scholarship is a unique award for USC undergraduate students who secure unpaid summer internships with a non-profit or government organization. This program supports students interested in gaining work experience from an unpaid internship. Students will be selected through an application and interview process. All internships must be a minimum of six weeks. The program awards a $2,500 scholarship to selected students.
“This scholarship award allowed me to intern at the Orange County Public Defender’s Office as an Undergraduate Law Clerk, which gave me unique insight into the public sector of law. This position has provided me with invaluable exposure to criminal defense strategy, and has allowed me to observe the flaws and imperfections in the legal system through the eyes of my clients. I believe that this internship has been an excellent start to my career and I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to the donors that made it possible.”
-Jordan; Major: Political Economy; Class of 2022
“As a grateful recipient of the USC Dream Dollars Scholarship, I was able to complete an extremely rewarding summer internship at The Climate Registry (TCR), where I gained valuable skills in database research and development. Project research is a crucial skill within the environmental career field, and I feel far more confident in my ability to carry it out either independently or in collaborative spaces, whether I work in clean energy, greenhouse gas accounting, corporate sustainability, or other similar areas. Specifically, learning about the large influence businesses have in global climate change efforts has inspired me to potentially drive my career toward corporate sustainability, specifically accountability, social responsibility, and verification.”
-Benjamin, Major: Environmental Studies, Class of 2021
The USC Dream Dollars Scholarship provides students the financial opportunity to explore career options within non-profit and government fields. Students will have the chance to gain professional development experience for at least six weeks during the summer.
All application materials must be received by 11:59 pm PT on April 10, 2024.
Please complete a two-step application process:
- Complete an Online Application through USC’s Scholarship Universe platform
- Submit Supplemental Documents within connectSC, Job ID# 342589
- Current Resume
- STARS Report (Available on OASIS)
- Personal Essay: a one-page, single spaced (one-inch margins) narrative explaining your current academic program, why you are interested in the USC Dream Dollars Scholarship, and how you think this Summer 2024 internship experience will enhance your undergraduate experience and have an impact on your future. Essay must be typed in no smaller than 10-point font.
- Copy of your internship job description from your organization or supervisor
- Sample budget for how the scholarship will be utilized
Students will be selected based on their application. There is no minimum GPA requirement. Students are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
Contact us if you need assistance finding an internship.
- Apply By
- Apr 10, 2024