Career Fair - 2024 Spring
The Career Center hosts two Career Fairs each year – one in the fall and another in the spring. Employers participate in the Career Fair to recruit for full-time, part-time, and paid internship opportunities. To ensure you get the most out of the day, please read the following tips.
Spring 2024 Career Fair
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2024
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm PT
Location: Outdoors on Trousdale Parkway (rain or shine!)
RSVP on connectSC to view participating employers. Check back regularly, as employers register daily! The fair is open to all class years and majors, including transfer students, as well as employers from all industries.
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
View more details on professional attire
What to Bring
- Copies of your resume
- Your elevator pitch
- Your Action Plan (see below)
Get tips on perfecting your elevator pitch with this video
To support university-wide sustainability measures, we will no longer offer water bottles or trash bins at the event. Instead, we have water stations On-Campus where you can fill up your reusable containers. Remember to bring your own refillable bottle with you. In place of trash bins, there will also be a “Zero-Waste Sort Station” where you can recycle or compost all materials that we provide. We discourage you from bringing any items to the fair that will end up in a landfill. In cases where this is unavoidable, we ask that you take those items with you when leaving the event.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Safeguarding the health and well-being of our students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and vendors attending our Career Fair, is our top priority. In alignment with current Los Angeles County guidance and University policy, please be prepared to follow the COVID-19 safety requirements for visiting campus and attending the Career Fair.
The health of everyone in attendance is our top priority. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, or visit the USC COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
Download the App
Symplicity Jobs and Careers allows you to take your job search on-the-go with smart features to easily connect with employers before, during, and after career fairs.
Create an Action Plan
- Log in to connectSC, click on the events tab, then click on Spring Career Fair, and RSVP to see a list of participating employers.
- The employer tables will be organized alphabetically along Trousdale Parkway, with “A”s starting at Exposition Boulevard (near Bridge Hall) and ending with “Z”s at West 34th Street (near the JEP House). Sponsors of the Spring Career Fair will be located near the middle, under red umbrellas near Tommy Trojan.
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with company representatives and you will stand out.
- Read more on how to get the most out of the career fair.
View more on how to work a career fair by watching this video
- Career Center staff will be actively monitoring employer lines at the Spring Career Fair to ensure that all students and alumni enter the line at the END of the line. Students and alumni jumping ahead of others in line will be asked to go to the back of the line and wait their turn in a first-come, first-served manner.
- Take a break from the fair to get a free professional headshot taken for use on your social media profile.
- Booth will be open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Last photo will be taken at 2:00 pm.
- Line starts at the tent in front of Tommy Trojan to get your photo taken.
Email the Employer Engagement Team.
Need a disability-related accommodation?
We strive to be consistently inclusive in our practices and provide services to all members of the Trojan Family. To that end, if you are in need of disability-related accommodations to attend the career fair event, let us know by completing this form.