Post Your Position on connectSC
Log in and post an on-campus student worker job now. connectSC is the official job board for USC students. It is your one-stop-shop for all job postings.
- Free postings
- Emails from the Career Center letting you know about upcoming Career Events
- Ability to register for the annual Federal Work-Study Job Fair
Need to train your student workers? The USC Career Center has launched a series of learning modules to help students learn about basic professional skills, etiquette and expectation. Check it out and email Denise Johnson with questions.
For connectSC questions please call 213-740-9105 or email email@example.com.
Quick connectSC tips
- Login passwords must contain at least 6 total characters and meet the strength requirement
- Postings remain active for a period of 30 days
- To reactivate a posting, edit the Posting and Expiration Date
connectSC is hosted by the USC Career Center. School-branded versions such as Marshall CareerSource, Viterbi Career Gateway, Annenberg Career Link and others are in place at most of the schools. Students are familiar with connectSC as the central online resource for on-campus, part-time, and full-time jobs. Students also use connectSC to conduct mock interviews, store resumes and cover letters, research career-related information, reach out to alumni for informational interviews and much more.
If you want the broadest visibility for your job posting, then connectSC is the place to post!
- Sign up for a free connectSC account by completing your online profile.
- Once your account has been approved, go to “Jobs” and click on “Job Postings.”
- Click “Post A Job.”
- Complete all fields marked by an asterisk. You will have to select a posting and expiration date. The maximum amount of time a job can be posted is 30 days.
- Once the required fields are filled out, click “Submit” to post your position.
Helpful Information about Required Fields
You may only select one position type. If your job fits more than one position type, you’ll have to create separate postings.
Job Description should Include the Following Information
- Description of your organization, etc.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Desired qualifications
Resume Receipt (you have options on how you would like to receive application materials)
- Email: Resumes will be sent to you directly. As applicants apply, their application materials will be sent to the email address that you provided in connectSC.
- Accumulate Online: Resumes will be collected in connectSC and will be available under the Student Resumes (non-OCR) tab. You can view them at any time online.
- Other: You can direct applicants to apply via a website rather than connectSC or email.
You can require applicants to submit cover letters, unofficial transcripts, or other documents along with their resumes. Selecting an additional document, will result in an additional pop up section labeled “Documents Required.” You must select documents in the “Additional Documents” and “Documents Required” section to make them mandatory.
Display Contact Information to Students
It is encouraged that you provide a contact name and an email address in the posting in case applicants have questions about the position or if required to submit a cover letter.
Posting and Expiration Date
The maximum amount of time a job can be posted is for 30 days. If you would like to repost the job once it expires, go to “Jobs,” click “Add New” and select “Post to This School Only” rather than filling out the job form again. Employers must select “Copy Existing” and select the desired job. All the fields will pre-populate themselves except for the expiration date.
You must specify the campus where the student will work.
Must be checked.
- Selecting “yes” will only allow applicants that meet the criteria to apply (the four screening criteria are: Degree, Major, Graduation Date, and Employment Sponsorship Status)
- Selecting “no” will allow all applicants to apply
Once completed, click on “Submit.”
All connectSC postings go through an approval process, which can take up to 72 hours to complete. Once a posting is reviewed and approved, an email will be sent notifying the organization that the posting has been activated.
To review and download submitted resumes, you must go to “Jobs” and click on the “Student Resumes.” To review individual resumes, click on the resume option found underneath the students’ names (additional documents will be found in this section if they were required). You may also email, generate an excel spreadsheet, or create a resume book of some or all of the candidates by checking off the applicants’ names and selecting one or more of those options. Different statuses can be indicated on this page for each applicant depending on where they stand in the selection process.
Please contact the Career Center with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 213-740-9105.