The USC Career Center is committed to supporting talented students from all backgrounds, cultures, and identities. We encourage organizations who facilitate a similar understanding and appreciation to participate in on-campus recruiting, networking sessions, and workshops. If your organization is interested in developing or expanding your engagement efforts with diverse student populations, in conjunction with the USC Career Center, please consider participating in these signature events encompassing our DEI efforts:
Our Diversity Meet & Greet (DMG) is held each fall semester where employers with strong diversity initiatives can network with affinity student organizations through a “reverse career fair/student org showcase.” Our program goal brings together employers who have strong diversity initiatives (like Employee Resource Groups, diversity training, lunch & learn discussions, to name a few) with underrepresented students (first-generation, low-income, students of color, LGBTQ+, and other marginalized social identities).
- The Fall 2020 Diversity Meet & Greet was held on September 30, 2020 with 26 employers and 15 student organizations with strong equity, inclusion and diversity programs at their organization.
Our Diverse Student Perspectives Discussion offers an educational focus group in the fall and spring semesters, facilitated by the USC Career Center. A panel of students from minoritized populations speak about their diversity recruiting experiences and their involvement with these specific opportunities in their professional roles. Students also provide insight into additional ways that employers can increase access to diversity student groups and engage students through the entire recruitment and employment process. Employers will have the opportunity to listen, ask questions, and participate in a meaningful conversation on enhancing inclusion and equity within your organization.
- Career Center Partner Program – Diversity Forum
- NACE Statement of Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity & Inclusion Resources
Events are intended to support diversity and inclusion efforts by connecting organizations with diverse USC undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and backgrounds. Programs are coordinated with USC Student Equity and Inclusion Programs in addition to student organizations and student assemblies:
- Asian Pacific American Student Services (APASS)
- Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs (CBCSA)
- Disability Services and Programs (DSP)
- First Generation Plus Success Center (FG+SC)
- La CASA – Latinx Chicanx Center for Advocacy and Student Affairs
- LGBTQ+ Student Center (LGBTQ+SC)
- Veterans Resource Center (VRC)
If you have questions about these opportunities and how to get involved, contact Mallika Samtani.