The Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night is a campus-wide partnership between the Office of the Provost, Student Veterans Association, Marshall Master of Business for Veterans, Alumni Veterans Network, and the Veterans Resource Center.
Past Employers include Accenture, Comcast NBC Universal, CIA, IBM, Lockheed Martin, L’Oreal, SpaceX, and many more!
2023 Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Michelson Center (MCB)
- Register on connectSC starting June 1, 2023.
- Last day to register for the fair is August 30, 2023.
- Last day to cancel is August 30, 2023. Cancellations must be made in writing to the Employer Engagement Team.
- Failure to cancel in writing by this date will result in your responsibility for the full amount on your invoice. Cancellations by phone or voice message will not be accepted.
- Questions? Contact the Employer Engagement Team.
- The USC Career Center hosts the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night once a year. This year it will be held in-person.
- All types of organizations attend the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night ranging from Fortune 100s to non-profits and government agencies. Ninety employer representatives from 47 organizations attended the 2019 Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night.
- The Veterans and Military Families Virtual Recruiting Night is open to all veteran students, alumni, veteran community members, and their spouses/families from multiple universities. The 2019 Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night had 476 attendees registered, and 290 have or have had Security Clearance.
- Your organization must be recruiting to fill at least one full-time salaried or paid internship position.
- Third-party recruiters, please contact the Employer Engagement Team.
Cost (all prices increase by $100 after August 4)
- Standard Registration
- 1-2 recruiters: $650
- 1-2 recruiters: $650
- Government/SMALL Non-Profit Registration*
- 1-2 recruiters: $350
- 1-2 recruiters: $350
- Special Discounted Rate**
- 1-2 Recruiters: $850
- We are offering a special discounted rate for organizations who are interested in attending both the Diversity Meet & Greet (DMG) and the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night event. Both events will take place on September 6, 2023 at the Michelson Center (MCB).
- To register for the Special Discounted Rate and attend both events, please register via “Diversity Meet and Greet” in connectSC to view this option.
Registrations requested after the registration deadline of August 30, 2023 will be accepted on a space-available basis and will incur an additional $100 late registration fee.
Due to space limitations, there is a maximum of two recruiters allowed per table. If you would like to bring more than two recruiters, an additional registration must be submitted.
Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night Registration Includes:
- Recruiting space inside Michelson Center
- Space identification
- Two pre-paid parking spaces
- Dinner provided
- Professional headshot station
- Campus Map
- Hotel Accommodations
- Rideshare Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations
- Best Practices for Career Fair Success
- Reach students with #HireUSC
To support university-wide sustainability measures, we will no longer offer water bottles or trash bins at the event. Instead, we will have water stations where you can fill up your reusable containers. Remember to bring your own refillable bottle with you. In place of trash bins, there will also be a “Zero-Waste Sort Station” where you can recycle or compost all materials that we provide. We discourage you from bringing any items to the fair that will end up in a landfill. In cases where this is unavoidable, we ask that you take those items with you when leaving the event.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Safeguarding the health and well-being of our students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and vendors attending our Career Fair, is our top priority. In alignment with current Los Angeles County guidance and University policy, please be prepared to follow the COVID-19 safety requirements for visiting campus and attending the Career Fair.
While masks are not required for this event, we ask that attendees, vaccinated or unvaccinated, consider wearing masks for their own protection and the protection of others. Please note that protocols are subject to change.
Unvaccinated individuals must maintain a six-foot distance from others while consuming food or beverage.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors should monitor themselves for symptoms daily when accessing campus. If you develop any of the symptoms listed by the CDC, please note that you will not be able to attend the event.
The health of everyone in attendance is our top priority. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, or visit the USC COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
Wi-Fi and Social Media
Wi-Fi is available on the USC Guest Wireless network. No password is needed to connect. Reach students with #HireUSC
*All attendees will be assigned a parking structure and detailed parking instruction email will be sent via email 1-2 weeks prior to the event date. When you arrive at your designated structure, simply give your organization name to the attendant, who will give you a parking pass. Only two (2) passes will be given per organization, regardless of the number of representatives attending. Let the attendant know you are there for the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations for Rideshare Services
- McCarthy Way Entrance (Entrance 3), located at McCarthy Way/Figueroa St.
- Royal St. Entrance (Entrance 4), located at Royal St./Jefferson Blvd.
- The Metro bus turn out on Jefferson Blvd. at Trousdale, just east of Hoover St.
Lose Something or Leave Something Behind?
USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) operates the university’s centralized lost and found service . Found items are kept for a total of 90 days from the date when DPS receives the item(s). If you have lost an item, call DPS at 213-821-2626.