2023 Diversity Meet & Greet
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
1pm – 4:30pm if participating in optional panel discussion prior to event (Read below for more information)
Location: Michelson Center (MCB)
- Register on connectSC starting June 1, 2023.
- Last day to register for the fair is August 30, 2023.
- Last day to cancel for a full refund is August 23, 2023. Cancellations must be made in writing to the Internship Engagement Team
- Failure to cancel in writing by this date will result in your responsibility for the full amount on your invoice. Cancellations by phone or voice message will not be accepted.
- Questions? Contact the Internship Engagement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The USC Career Center hosts the Diversity Meet & Greet once a semester in-person
- It is an opportunity for employers with strong Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts to join us in networking and recruiting our talented students from historically underrepresented populations
- This event is open to all employer types. In the past we have had fortune 500 organizations, non-profits, and small businesses join us
- Before the event, from 1pm – 1:45pm there is an opportunity to have a representative from your organization speak on a panel. This will be a great opportunity to meet students and have an intimate conversation with students to learn about your organization, and to speak more about how your organization supports employees of different identities and backgrounds. For more information or to sign up to be a speaker please look here.
- Your organization must be recruiting to fill at least one full-time salaried or paid internship position.
- Third-party recruiters, contact the Internship Engagement Team
- Standard Registration
- 1-2 recruiters: $450
- 1-2 recruiters: $450
- Government/SMALL Non-Profit Registration*
- 1-2 recruiters: $250
- 1-2 recruiters: $250
- Special Discounted Rate**
- 1-2 Recruiters: $850
- We are offering a special discounted rate for organizations who are interested in attending both the Diversity Meet & Greet (DMG) and the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night event. Both events will take place on September 6, 2023 at the Michelson Center (MCB).
- To register for the Special Discounted Rate and attend both events, please register via “Diversity Meet and Greet” in connectSC to view this option.
Registrations requested after the registration deadline of August 30, 2023 will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Due to space limitations, there is a maximum of four recruiters allowed per table. If you would like to bring more than four recruiters, an additional registration must be submitted.
Diversity Meet & Greet Includes:
- Recruiting space inside Michelson Center
- Space identification
- Two pre-paid parking spaces
- Option to be on a panel (space is limited)
- Campus Map
- Hotel Accommodations
- Rideshare Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations
- Best Practices for Career Fair Success
- Reach students with #HireUSC
To support university-wide sustainability measures, we will no longer offer water bottles or trash bins at the event. Instead, we will have water stations where you can fill up your reusable containers. Remember to bring your own refillable bottle with you. In place of trash bins, there will also be a “Zero-Waste Sort Station” where you can recycle or compost all materials that we provide. We discourage you from bringing any items to the fair that will end up in a landfill. In cases where this is unavoidable, we ask that you take those items with you when leaving the event.
COVID-19 Safety Information
Safeguarding the health and well-being of our students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers, and vendors attending our Career Fair, is our top priority. In alignment with current Los Angeles County guidance and University policy, please be prepared to follow the COVID-19 safety requirements for visiting campus and attending the Career Fair.
While masks are not required for this event, we ask that attendees, vaccinated or unvaccinated, consider wearing masks for their own protection and the protection of others. Please note that protocols are subject to change.
Unvaccinated individuals must maintain a six-foot distance from others while consuming food or beverage.
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors should monitor themselves for symptoms daily when accessing campus. If you develop any of the symptoms listed by the CDC, please note that you will not be able to attend the event.
The health of everyone in attendance is our top priority. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, or visit the USC COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
Wi-Fi and Social Media
Wi-Fi is available on the USC Guest Wireless network. No password is needed to connect. Reach students with #HireUSC
*All attendees will be assigned a parking structure and detailed parking instruction email will be sent via email 1-2 weeks prior to the event date. When you arrive at your designated structure, simply give your organization name to the attendant, who will give you a parking pass. Only two (2) passes will be given per organization, regardless of the number of representatives attending. Let the attendant know you are there for the Veterans and Military Families Recruiting Night.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations for Rideshare Services
- McCarthy Way Entrance (Entrance 3), located at McCarthy Way/Figueroa St.
- Royal St. Entrance (Entrance 4), located at Royal St./Jefferson Blvd.
- The Metro bus turn out on Jefferson Blvd. at Trousdale, just east of Hoover St.
Lose Something or Leave Something Behind?
USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) operates the university’s centralized lost and found service . Found items are kept for a total of 90 days from the date when DPS receives the item(s). If you have lost an item, call DPS at 213-821-2626.