- Career Exploration/connectSC
- Internship and Diversity Programs
- Engaging and Serving Alumni
- On-Campus Recruiting and Signature Events
Student affairs professionals, academic advisors, career advisors, and other members of the Trojan community are invited to participate in a series of professional development workshops highlighting the most current technologies, resources, and information related to career development. Participants who complete all 4 workshops within an academic year are eligible to receive a Career Planning & Resources Certificate to award this level of expertise. Empower yourself with the tools to help students launch their careers!
- Participants will learn about Career Beam, an online program which assists students to determine what they want in a career and provides steps to achieve it. It offers a self-paced process for clarifying career goals, developing professional resumes, and implementing a strategic career search using web-enabled exercises and research tools to guide the process.
- Participants will be provided with a very brief overview of additional assessments that can be used when a student meets with a career advisor – the MBTI and Strong (their purpose, how they assess and not ‘test’, etc.), along with the various online handouts accessible through connectSC.
- Participants will receive a quick overview of connectSC and view industry-specific subscriptions including: ArtSearch, GoinGlobal, Uniworld, Vault, etc.
Workshop Registration for Career Exploration/connectSC
- Click here to register for Thursday, 12/12/19 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Click here to register for Tuesday, 5/19/20 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Internships and Diversity Programs
- Participants will learn about the various internship programs and resources offered through the USC Career Center including a mentorship program for first-generation college students and scholarship opportunities for unpaid summer internships.
- The presenter will also share about programs offered in collaboration with cultural centers and student organizations to promote diversity and inclusion.
Workshop Registration for Internships and Diversity Programs
- Click here to register for Wednesday, 12/11/19 from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Click here to register for Wednesday, 5/20/20 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Engaging and Serving Alumni
- Participants will learn about the vast resources that are available for alumni lifelong and worldwide through the USC Career Center and connectSC.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the connectSC Career Network, LinkedIn, and how current students can contact and network with alumni.
- Participants will see how to access customized USC alumni career videos and more through Candid Career video collections.
Workshop Registration for Engaging and Serving Alumni
- Click here to register for Wednesday, 12/18/19 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Click here to register for Wednesday, 5/27/20 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
On-Campus Recruiting and Signature Events
- Participants will learn about the many different ways that students can explore, network, and engage with employers on the USC campus through on-campus recruiting and signature events.
- Participants will be able to distinguish between these different events, know when they occur, and learn how to refer students. Information on school-based career events may also be covered.