- Career Exploration/Assessment and connectSC
- Internship and Diversity Programs
- Engaging and Serving Alumni
- On-Campus Recruiting and Signature Events
Student affairs professionals, academic advisers, career counselors, as well as other members of the Trojan community are invited to participate in a series of professional development workshops highlighting the most current technologies, resources, and information related to career development. Participants who complete all 4 workshops within an academic year are eligible to receive a Career Planning & Resources Certificate to award this level of expertise. Empower yourself with the tools to help your students launch their careers!
Career Exploration/Assessment and connectSC
- Participants will learn about Career Beam, a state-of-the-art online program, which assists students to determine what they want in a career and offers steps to achieve it. It offers a self-paced process for clarifying career goals, developing professional resumes, and implementing a strategic career search using web-enabled exercises and research tools to guide the process.
- Participants will be provided with a very brief overview of additional assessments that can be used when a student meets with a career counselor – the MBTI and Strong (their role, how they assess, but do not ‘test’, etc.), along with the various online handouts accessible through connectSC.
- Participants will receive a quick overview of connectSC and view industry-specific subscriptions including: ArtSearch, GoinGlobal, Uniworld, Vault, etc.
Workshop Registration for Career Exploration/Assessment
- Wednesday, 12/05/18 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in STU B3
- Wednesday, 05/15/19 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in STU B3
Internships and Diversity Programs
- Participants will learn about the various internship programs and resources offered through the USC Career Center including a mentoring program for first-generation college students and scholarship opportunities for unpaid summer internships.
- Participants will learn about iNet, a nationwide consortium of select universities such as Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, and Northwestern University, offering internship opportunities and learn how to run searches including advanced searches and create search agents.
- The presenter will also share about programs offered in collaboration with cultural centers and student organizations to promote diversity and inclusion.
Workshop Registration for Internships and Diversity Programs
- Thursday, 12/06/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B6
- Thursday, 05/16/19 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B3
Engaging and Serving Alumni
USC Alumni Career Services, Career Network, Candid Career, LinkedIn
- Participants will learn about the vast resources that are available for alumni lifelong and worldwide through the USC Career Center and connectSC.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the connectSC Career Network, LinkedIn, and how current students can network and contact alumni.
- Participants will see how to access customized USC alumni career videos and more through Candid Career video collections.
Workshop Registration for Connecting Students with USC Alumni and Services for Alumni
- Tuesday, 12/11/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B3
- Tuesday, 05/21/19 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B3
On-Campus Recruiting and Signature Events
- Participants will learn about the many different ways that students can explore, network, and engage with employers on the USC campus through on-campus recruiting and signature events.
- Participants will be able to distinguish these different events, know when they occur, and learn how to refer students. Information on school-based career events will also be covered.