Last updated: August 11, 2020.
Being stuck at home can make it easy to lose sight of time and motivation. To help you battle cabin fever, Vault lists Five Productive Things To Do in Quarantine including updating your resume and checking in with your networking contacts. Here are some resources to further your professional development:
Update Your Resume:
- Six Ways Your Resume Should Differ from Your LinkedIn Profile
- Four Writing Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making
- Writing a Resume & Cover Letter
Start Networking (before you start, review this Recruiting Netiquette Guide):
- Coronavirus and Your Career: How to Effectively Network During a Quarantine
- How to Write a Networking Email that Gets a Response Every Time
- Strategies & Tips for Networking
- USC Marshall School of Business Guide to Virtual Networking
- USC Marshall School of Business Virtual Networking 101: Keys to Success
- Networking with the Trojan Family
- Follow the USC LinkedIn Page
- How to Use LinkedIn’s Alumni Tool for Networking
- LinkedIn Mistakes to Avoid—Learn from Mine!
- A Guide to Networking with LinkedIn
- Up-Level Your Skills with LinkedIn Learning
Utilize Social Media:
- How to Scrub and Build Your Social Presence Before Searching for a Job
- Four Tips for Using Instagram to Network
- Five Social Media Mistakes that Can Ruin Your Career
We want to reassure you that while our physical location is closed, we are open – virtually – to advise and provide resources during the time that classes are being held remotely. Our Career Advisors are fully available to you, and you can access our services online at any time. Contact us with any questions!