- Jump to: Professional Development Workshops
Steps in the Career Development Process
- Skills & abilities
- Career and/or Graduate School Information
- Targets (alumni, mentors, professional associations)
- Alternatives/Career clusters
- Develop Skills
- Conduct research
- Resumes & cover letters, personal statements
- Explore prospects
- Conduct informational interviews
- Mock interviews
- Research salaries and/or graduate school funding
- Implement Job Search/Grad School
- Informational interviews
- Formal interviews
- Grad/Professional School applications
- Salary negotiations
Career Planning & Resources Certificate Program
Student affairs professionals, career counselors, as well as other members of the Trojan community are invited to participate in a series of professional development workshops highlighting the most current technologies, resources, and information related to career development. Participants who complete all 4 workshops within an academic year are eligible to receive a Career Planning & Resources Certificate to award this level of expertise. Empower yourself with the tools to help your students launch their careers!
Learn about assessments that can help students with career exploration and view resources offered through connectSC, including industry-specific subscriptions and more.
- Register here: Wednesday, 12/05/18 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in STU B3
Improve your knowledge of internship programs offered through the USC Career Center and learn about programs that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Register here: Thursday, 12/06/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B6
Find out how the USC Career Center serves alumni and connects current students with fellow USC graduates.
- Register here: Tuesday, 12/11/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B3
Learn about the many ways students can explore, network, and engage with employers on campus!
- Register here: Wednesday, 12/12/18 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm in STU B3