- Jump to: In-Service Workshops
Steps in the Career Development Process
- Skills & abilities
- Career and/or Graduate School Information
- Targets (alumni, mentors, professional associations)
- Alternatives/Career clusters
- Develop Skills
- Conduct research
- Resumes & cover letters, personal statements
- Explore prospects
- Conduct informational interviews
- Mock interviews
- Research salaries and/or graduate school funding
- Implement Job Search/Grad School
- Informational interviews
- Formal interviews
- Grad/Professional School applications
- Salary negotiations
Career Planning & Resources In-Service Workshops
Faculty members, academic advisers, career counselors, as well as other members of the Trojan community, are invited to participate in a series of year-round in-service workshops highlighting the most current technologies, resources, and information related to career development. Participants who complete all in-service workshops within a two-year period are eligible to receive a “Career Planning & Resources Certificate” to document this level of expertise.
Learn about assessments that can help students understand what they want in a career and view various resources offered through connectSC, including industry-specific subscriptions and more.
- Register here: Wednesday, 12/05/18 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm in STU B3
This workshop will go over internship programs offered through the USC Career Center and discuss programs that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Register here: Thursday, 12/06/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B6
The USC Career Center not only serves current students but alumni as well! This workshop will go over the services available for alumni and how to connect current students with fellow Trojan graduates.
- Register here: Tuesday, 12/11/18 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm in STU B3
Come learn about the many ways students can explore, network, and engage with employers on campus!
- Register here: Wednesday, 12/12/18 from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm in STU B3