The Career Center hosts two Career Fairs each year - one in the fall and one in the spring. Employers participate in the Career Fair to recruit for full–time, part-time, and internship opportunities. To ensure you get the most out of the day, please read the following tips.
Fall 2014 Career Fair
What to Wear
- Business suit in a conservative color (navy, gray, or black are preferred)
- For men: dress shirt and tie
- For women: neckline no lower than collarbone; skirt hem should be no more than two inches above the knee
- Clothes clean and pressed
- Shoes: for men—wing tips or loafers with dark socks; for women—low/medium heels or flats. Be comfortable; you will be standing in line!
What to Bring
- Copies of your resume
- Your elevator pitch
- Your Plan of Attack (see below)
Create a Plan of Attack
- Log in to connectSC, click on the events tab, then click on Fall 2014 Career Fair and RSVP to see a list of employers who will be attending.
- Employer tables will be organized alphabetically along Trousdale Parkway, with A starting at West 34th Street (near the JEP House) and Z at Exposition Boulevard (near Bridge Hall).
- Make a list of organizations that you're interested in and research them. Visit their web sites, learn the latest news on them, prepare questions about them, and take note of what positions they are looking to fill. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with company representatives and you'll stand out from the pack.
- Take a break from the fair to get a free professional headshot taken for use on your social media profile.
- Booth will be open from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Last photo will be taken at 2:00pm.
- Line starts at the tent in front of Tommy Trojan to get your photo taken.