Thank you for expressing interest in becoming a mentor for the 2017-2018 First Generation Mentor Program. This program provides an opportunity for current first generation college students to be paired with and mentored by alumni who were also the first in their family to go to college.
As a mentor, you have an important role promoting professional development for your mentees. One way this is accomplished is through participating in the mandatory workshops for all mentors and mentees. Workshops will take place at USC on the following evenings:
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 — Kick-Off Event; Networking & Relationship Building
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 — Elevator Pitch; Resume & Cover Letter
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 — Optional Event
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018 — Mock Career Fair
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018 — Fellowships & Graduate School Panel
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 — Industry Night
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 — End-of-the-Year Celebration
Please calendar these dates because we ask that all mentors and mentees attend the mandatory events.
To submit an application, click here.
Application deadline is August 4, 2017.
If you have any questions, contact Gina Ibrahim at (213) 740-9654 or email@example.com.