Conducting Research by Geographic Location
Research Industries in Major Cities:
Where do you start? We recommend that you consider the following steps and resources.
- Consider the top industries and organizations within the cities you wish to work
- Consult the Chamber of Commerce as a starting point in the research process
Chamber of Commerce
What is it?
- Chambers of commerce are business and community associations with a mission to positively impact critical business and community issues. While not part of local, state, or federal government, chambers of commerce often partner with government to accomplish the chamber mission.
Chamber members work with other leaders in business, community, and government to make the community a better place to work, live, and play by:
- Building leading businesses
- Building leading communities
To learn more, visit the American Chamber of Commerce Executives at http://www.acce.org/
Chambers of Commerce in major cities
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington D.C.
- For other cities, go to the U.S. Directory for Chambers of Commerce
- International Chamber of Commerce
Consider Relocation and Cost of Living
The Explore@4 series is a fantastic, new career program that connects students with top professionals/USC alumni in various career fields in an interactive setting.
This program will provide ‘real world’ exposure to the working world through a mentorship that focuses on professional and career development. Students will be paired with USC alumni who also were first generation college students.